Here is our theme pack of FRI resources for March, this time about tomatoes, a high-value crop that, if grown wisely with careful planning and hard work, can generate a high income for farmers.
The theme pack includes five items from our Resource Packs: one backgrounder, two interview scripts, one drama, and one other item. The backgrounder is also available in Hausa. The theme pack also includes eight Barza Wire Farmer stories.
- Three times the effort for ten times the yield: Growing tomatoes in Nigeria
- Low-Cost Food Processing: Making Tomato Sauce
Barza Wire stories
- Comoros: Farmers switch from growing bananas to more profitable tomatoes
- Burundi & Ghana: Two techniques for storing tomatoes longer
- Burundi: Farmer finds new technique for preserving tomatoes
- Cameroon: New way of growing tomatoes leads to success
- Burkina Faso: Women process tomatoes for profit
- Malawi: Farmer turns tomatoes to gold
- Niger: Tomatoes bring women big returns
- Guinea: Growing tomatoes all year round
Resource available in Hausa
We hope that this kind of “one-stop shop” on selected topics is useful, and that you can use the resources in this month’s theme pack to make effective programming on tomatoes.