Here is our theme pack of FRI resources for June, which includes backgrounders, interview scripts, and Farmer stories on sorghum and millet.
This month’s theme pack contains nine items from our Resource Packs: one backgrounder and eight interview scripts. It also includes two Farmer stories.
- Farmers in Ethiopia tend sorghum with care to improve their livelihoods
- Farmers triple sorghum yield thanks to mulch farming
- Health benefits of sorghum, the forgotten cereal
- Sorghum: Good yields even when the rains fail
- Growing a dry-season sorghum called muskuwaari can reduce hunger in the dry season
- How millet farmers are adapting to climate change in Northern Ghana
- Processing cereals into local beer: An income-generating activity for women
- The advantages of growing and using finger millet
Barza Wire stories
- Zimbabwe: Sorghum and millet as a solution to food insecurity during crises (IPS)
- Zimbabwe: Small grains can help ease food insecurity (Global Press Journal)
Resources available in Swahili
- Jinsi wakulima wa mtama kaskazini mwa Ghana wanavyolima kulingana na mabadiliko ya hali ya hewa
- Usindikaji wa nafaka kuwa pombe ya kienyeji: shughuli ya uongezaji kipato kwa wanawake