SCENE: Bus stop
Maria is waiting at the bus stop. She sees her old friend, Anna.
SCENE: Health clinic waiting room
Maria and Anna sit together waiting for Simon. He comes out of the clinic.
This script was written by Belinda Bruce, Assistant Editor, Developing Countries Farm Radio Network, Toronto, Canada. It was researched with the help of Anna Palarmachuk, Toronto, Canada. It was reviewed by Joseph Lindsay, Soil Scientist, Caribbean Agriculture Research and Development Institute, University of West Indies, Mona, Kingston, Jamaica.
- “The use of Gliricidia sepium as cover/shade in coffee plantations (Based on experiences of coffee growers of Copan, Honduras)” in Cover crop news, No. 8, July 1995. International Cover Crops Clearinghouse (CIDICCO), Tecucigalpa, Honduras.
- “Coffee: Biodiversity’s pick-me-up” in Seedling, Volume 14, No. 3, October 1997. Genetic Resources Action International, Barcelona, Spain.
- “The coffee market – a risky business” in Gate,No. 2, April?June 1995. Gate, Deutsche, Eschborn, Germany.
- Coffee growing,H. R. Cameron, 1992, 118 pages. The Macmillan Press Limited, London and Basingstoke, England.
- Slash/Mulch Systems, H. David Thurston, 1997. Westview Press, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
- Sustainable HarvestSeptember, 1998.
- Further information
Sustainable Harvest Coffee Company
1480 66th Street
Emeryville, CA 94608, USA