Here is our theme pack of FRI resources for March, this time about tomatoes, a high-value crop that, if grown wisely with careful planning and hard work, can generate a high income for farmers.
The theme pack includes five items from our Resource Packs: one backgrounder, two interview scripts, one drama, and one other item. The backgrounder is also available in Hausa. The theme pack also includes eight Barza Wire Farmer stories.
Barza Wire stories
- Comoros: Farmers switch from growing bananas to more profitable tomatoes
- Burundi & Ghana: Two techniques for storing tomatoes longer
- Burundi: Farmer finds new technique for preserving tomatoes
- Cameroon: New way of growing tomatoes leads to success
- Burkina Faso: Women process tomatoes for profit
- Malawi: Farmer turns tomatoes to gold
- Niger: Tomatoes bring women big returns
- Guinea: Growing tomatoes all year round
The following resource is available in Hausa:
We hope that this kind of “one-stop shop” on selected topics is useful, and that you can use the resources in this month’s theme pack to make effective programming on tomatoes.