Welcome to Farm Radio Resource Pack 103, our first Pack of 2016! The Pack is entitled: Growing cowpea. Three of its 13 items focus on growing this versatile crop. As well as an issue pack on the topic, we offer two dramas on managing pests in cowpea, a key practice in successfully growing the crop.
The Pack also contains five items on other farming topics. The first looks at how to manage fowl pox, a major disease of chickens.
- Cowpea production
- When opportunity knocks, open the door wide: Managing pests in cowpeas
- Successful pest management in cowpea: What farmers need to know
- Nomadic people fight fowl pox in Mali
- Our matoke will survive: Ugandan farmers fight banana bacterial wilt
- Sorghum: Good yields even when the rains fail
- Papa Akwesi learns: Careful post-harvest management maximizes maize income
- Mr. Bana’s mill: Quality standards for fresh potatoes and cassava
- Beyond maize, rice and other staples: Eating one food every day won’t make you healthy
- How to serve your women farmers well
- How to use vox pops in your farm radio program
- How to conduct an effective interview
- Backgrounder: Raising guinea fowl for food and income