Here is our first theme pack of FRI resources for the new year. This time, our resources cover various aspects of poultry production and marketing.
This month’s theme pack includes ten items from our Resource Packs, including one narrative, one backgrounder, five interviews, two dramas, and one set of radio spots. It also includes five Barza Wire stories.
- External parasites of chickens: Impact and management
- Why insects might be the ideal feed for chickens and fish, part I
- Why insects might be the ideal feed for chickens and fish, part 2
- Farmer uses vet’s advice to save chickens from Newcastle disease
- Nomadic people fight fowl pox in Mali
- Adventures of Neddy: A community animal health worker helps a village manage Newcastle disease
- Chickens Eat Ticks on Cattle
Barza Wire stories
- Senegal: Keeping urban chickens healthy, even in small spaces
- Ethiopia: Farmers hire village vaccinators to protect chickens from Newcastle disease
- Kenya: Chickens give farmers new hope when the rains fail
- Niger: Young farmer succeeds with chickens
- Kenya: Poultry farmers benefit from vaccinations and community bank
Resources in Swahili
- Mkulima anatumia ushauri wa Mtaalam wa mifugo ili kuokoa kuku kutokana na ugonjwa wa kideri
- Uvumbuzi wa Neddy: Mfanyakazi wa afya ya wanyama asaidia kijiji kudhibiti ugonjwa wa Kideri
Resource in Hausa
Resources in Oromo
- Jabdummaa Saamu’eel: Ogeessi hawaasummaa fayyaa horii to’annoo dhukkuba kuffisaa/Newcastle ilaalchisee ganda baadiyaaf gargaarsa laata
- Dhibeewwan Lukkuu
This theme pack is undertaken with the financial support of IFC as part of the Scaling Poultry Radio Program in Ethiopia.