Here is our latest monthly theme pack of FRI resources, this month about nutrition. The theme pack includes nine scripts and three Farmer stories from Barza Wire.
- Children need vitamin A
- Prevent blindness with vitamin A
- Health benefits of sorghum, the forgotten cereal
- Beyond maize, rice and other staples: Eating one food every day won’t make you healthy
- African traditional vegetables back on the table
- A community fights malnutrition with local leafy vegetables
- Nutritious foods are important for all babies, rich or poor
- Diversify crops to keep your family healthy
- Nutrition—advice to an expectant mother
Barza Wire stories
- Kenya: Kitchen gardens boost nutrition and income in western Kenya (IPS)
- Malawi: Community radio helps farmers become food and nutrition-secure
- Tanzania: Fruit for thought in Tanzania nutrition fight (Al Jazeera)
We hope that this kind of “one-stop shop” on selected topics is useful, and that you can use the resources in this month’s theme pack to make effective programming on nutrition.
Please note that two of the older scripts were written when FRI was known as DCFRN, or the Developing Countries Farm Radio Network.