Here is our theme pack for January, this time about agroecological agriculture.
Agroecological agriculture is the application of ecological principles to the management of agricultural and food systems, and integrates social, biological, and agricultural science with traditional knowledge. Agroecological approaches to farming often use practices such as crop rotation and intercropping, and use biological solutions (rather than chemical ones) to manage pests and ensure that soil is fertile.
This pack consists of six elements, including one backgrounder, three interview scripts, one set of radio spots, and one Barza Wire story. Four resources are available in Swahili.
- Addressing the challenges of soil erosion and degradation in Karatu, Tanzania
- Selecting seeds and storing them for next season with agroecological principles
- Preparing feed for local chickens in agroecological ways
Barza Wire story
The following resources are available in Swahili:
- Kutatua changamoto za mmomonyoko na uharibifu wa udongo huko Karatu, Tanzania
- Kuchagua mbegu na kuzihifadhi kwa msimu ujao kwa kuzingatia kanuni za kilimo
This theme pack is undertaken with the financial support of the Biovision Foundation.