Here is our theme pack of FRI resources for October, this time about an always important issue: gender. These resources talk about women’s poor access to land and how to improve it, the specific impacts of COVID-19 on women and girls, sexual and reproductive health practices, and a variety of other gender issues.
This month’s theme pack includes 10 recent items from our Resource Packs, including three backgrounders, four interview scripts, two dramas, and one set of radio spots. It also includes nine Barza Wire Farmer stories. Four resources are available in Swahili.
Barza Wire stories
- Mali: Women try to change traditions that block their access to land
- Senegal: Women develop financing initiatives to boost their businesses
- Zimbabwe: Girls vulnerable as COVID-19 drives child marriages (Gender Links)
- Benin: Village savings and loans groups struggle due to COVID-19
- Mali: Tradition blocks women’s access to developed land
- Tanzania: COVID-19 forces female vendors to sell in new ways
- Burkina Faso: Women are changing their daily routines because of additional burdens during COVID-19
- Cameroon: Worries about child marriages rise amid coronavirus lockdown
- DRC: New hotline helps families survive abuse (Trust)
The following resources are available in Swahili:
Radio spots : Matangazo ya Redio kuhusu COVID-19 – sehemu ya pili
Barza Wire stories :