Here is our fourth monthly theme pack of FRI resources. This month it’s all about HIV and AIDS. The theme pack includes nine scripts and 10 Barza Wire stories.
This collection represents some of the best resources on HIV and AIDS that we’ve published over the past decade.
- School without AIDS
- Pass on the Message and Not the Virus
- Gender and HIV/AIDS
- Violence against women and HIV/AIDS
- Selenium can help people living with HIV and AIDS
- When parents die of AIDS, farming knowledge often dies too
- Occupational and nutritional therapy for people living with HIV and AIDS
- AIDS support group gives positive people a new lease on life!
- Being your brother and sister’s keeper: Preventing HIV and AIDS for people with disabilities
Barza Wire stories
- Kenya: Women’s co-operatives provide microfinance support to ease burden of HIV (IPS)
- Kenya: Fisherwomen mobilize to fight HIV (Trust)
- Cameroon: A hairdresser teaches young people to protect themselves against HIV
- Liberia: How fish farming can help people living with HIV in Liberia (The Guardian)
- Benin: Farming couple breaks taboo by taking HIV test
- Congo-Brazzaville: Blanche Bouanga overcomes HIV status to become successful market vendor
- Comoros: A farmer is tested for HIV after a persuasive radio spot
- Guinea: Theatre teaches youth how to avoid HIV transmission
- Zambia: Co-operative farmers help meet dietary needs of people living with HIV
- Benin: The Moringa oleifera tree helps people living with HIV regain their strength