# 86: Water
Water is an important and basic requirement for human survival, and is usually regarded as “life.” However, availability and safety of water are two important factors for a good life. Access to clean water is crucial, especially these days when we are facing the effects of climate change.
- Local water committee helps villagers, but especially women and children
- Tichitepo kanthu pakusamalira madz! (Let’s do something about water and sanitation!)
- Creative farmers modify borehole to irrigate fruit trees in the dry season
- ECOSAN latrines bring benefits to village health – and farming
- Clean water and a clean environment make a better life
- Irrigated farming improves the income of rural farmers
- Improving water and sanitation in Dindima, Bauchi State, Nigeria
- A decade of success: community-owned project brings tapped water to village in western Kenya
- Diarrhea: radio spots on a serious disease
- Mr. or Mrs. Potato of the Year!
- Research in Rwanda aims for a good harvest of sweet potatoes
- Orange sweet potatoes