Simple, low-cost solutions for improving nutrition and health are highlighted in this package. Scripts provide information about what is necessary for a well-balanced diet – one that includes carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals. They explore growing a variety of foods as a strategy for maintaining good family nutrition. A varied diet that includes all essential nutrients is necessary for good health. The nutritional value of home gardens and traditional foods is emphasized in several scripts. Home gardens are diverse, flexible, and, once established, easy to manage. Traditional foods are often inexpensive and very nutritious.
- Diversify Crops to Keep your Family Healthy
- Sara’s Mother Goes to Work and Brings Home Healthy Food
- What is Food Security?
- Winning the Race with Traditional Foods
- Good Nutrition for the Whole Family: Radio Spots
- Families Benefit when Girls go to School
- Food is Medicine: HIV/AIDS and Nutrition
- Which Farmer Would You Rather Be? A Story About Diversification
- Nutrition and Health: Story Ideas for the Radio